Monday, July 11, 2011

HELLO how are you?
It's been an incredible week. We went to Gadfield Elm for Zone Conference and it was incredible. The story there is inspiring. When Wilford Woodruff served here he tracted into a church full of men who were called the United Brethren. There were about 600 of them and he went and told all of them from their pulpit about this incredible Gospel that we have today. All 600 were baptized in the Benbow Pond. The chapel that they own and were preached to in was then donated to our church and became the first real chapel our church has ever had in all it's history. What an incredible story. We too had a testimony meeting in there with the missionaries who will be departing this next transfer. Sister Nadsady is one of them. It was so good to hear her testimony in that setting at that time. I just appreciate her so much. It is not always easy being with people 100% of the time.. but it does teach you a lot about yourself. I have learned how impatient I am and selfish... man I need to step it up if I ever want to get married!! But I am able to work on it now. She loves me though even though I can be a drama queen when I am going through my growing pains... ok not a drama queen quite... just quiet and sometimes irritable... but none the less she is great. I am going to miss her and so nervous and excited to see who the next love of my life will be... that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean.
There was an Elder that spoke at the testimony meeting who is our zone leader, can I please say he reminds me of Timmy and his story is sooooo similar. He had to go home for a while due to medical things. He was in and out of the hospital his entire mission and is now finally going home for real. He is one of the moast humble peopel I have met. He never had medical issues till he became a missionary. His testimony struck my heart. He said these two years (well basically 3 for him) have prepared him for his life. He spoke about how grateful he was to serve here and bring the message to these people and how he is now so excited to go home and give the saints in Utah the same message, but serve for much much longer. I thought about Tim and my eyes welled up.. these missions are our preparation for life. This life is a time for men to prepare to meet God, it is also a time for us to have joy. I don't know about you but I have never learned so much, felt so much more prepred and felt more joy in all my life. When we are serving God and doing His work we feel that joy, we come to know Him better and therefore are more prepared to meet Him face to face. I am so grateful for all the time I get to spend with other missionaries who lift, inspire, and help me feel the motivation I need for life.
We got to spend the night at the flat of the Mertthyr sisters... so fun.. SLEEP OVER!! wo nights in a row it ended up being. Way fun. I love them. We tracted a man dressed in a chicken suit, he rejected us right off so we walked across the street and talked to this woman and it was delightful. She didn't really care about the Gospel but it was great ..then she told us SHE was once a HE. Why do we keep finding these people...I didn't realize sex changes happened so often..now I do. Nice he/she though.
Our friend Sarah Hall: umm loves kisses on the cheek... and sometimes it's fine, other times it's a little much.... welp she jumped in the car through the window to give me a kiss on the cheek (I think she enjoys that I freak out so she tries even harder) and got the cheek but tried again and I didn't realize and got my teeth... yes I did gagg..... so when I told our district leader he said... is she hott?.. WHAT!? haha boys...
OH we met a lady who has alpaca (how to spell I do not know but sound it out) goats, donkey's, a horse, and rabbits (lion rabbits too) soooo cool. I think we'll baptize her.. haha At least I hope. She still needs to become an investigator, but i just really like that I saw alpaca in front of my face.
Oh by the way, Jeff is a Zone leader.. he hasn't even been out a year!! what the. he's amazing. yes. I love the beaches here, so beautiful. mum I love your letters.
Family continue being amazing... seriously.
My 4th of July ended up being fun. I like my hair a lot. By the time I come home it should be long again. I do enjoy it though for now. It looks good too... and now I know I can actually pull it off. Pictures will come soon, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Today is Sister Nadsady's last p-days so i just kinda go with the flow.
I have been reading in 2 nephi and in chapters 19 and 20 I don't fully understand them... but I do love the line that comes up continually, 'for this is anger is not turned away but His hand is still stretched out'. I may be quoting it a little off, I don't have my scriptures next to me, but I love the justice and mercy of our God. Just like any parent He cares enough to get frustrated when you do something silly, but He loves us enough to still help us even when we know, well, what we did was silly. He loves us.. what more could make us happy in this life. I dunno.

Mum can you PLEASE send me my camera soon.. this one won't turn on and Sister Nadsady is leaving soon so...picture moments come and I might have to pass them up, which is fine... but not really fun for you or me. And a picture of Tim... I am an idiot and forgot one. ah man... I feel lost without it. My wall is currently covered with pictures and I am soooo happy. Chelsea sent me some and our family photo that I am still obsessed with. Liz, Sarah said my profile picture is gorgeous... I am soooo grateful you are good at taking shots of me face and having good judgement to put it up. Thank you. Thank you all for all you do and for your examples. I am soooo greatful for our family. I love this Gospel. I love having fun with it and enjoying what I am doing right now. Love people so you love life, love life so you love yourself. I am learning so much and more. I can't wait to learn more.
Oh we woke up Sharon's whole family for church yesterday... that was fun. I felt like a mom.... hahaha I loved it... it is hard though to do and not feel like you are crossing boundaries. Poor thing was in sooo much pain from her knee. i hope she enjoyed church through the pain, but we did offer to set up a priesthood blessing for her and she accepted and so I hope that that will be a blessing to us all. Miracles do happen and the Lord works in mysterious ways. I am soooo grateful for it all. I will talk to you all soooo soon, when I can write a for real letter soon, but until then tada butt!! pictures will be coming with it too....#
kendra, jen, carrie- addresses prease :D
loves you all more than words can say+1
Sista Fili

No comments:

Post a Comment