Thursday, December 8, 2011


Hello from Stamford!!! it's by Peterborough in England!! I left Wales... and it was hard, but I am happy it was necessary it was. I am now serving with Sister Cerise Brookes from Manchester, England. She's been a member for a year and it will be great. She's a total work horse and is gonna teach me some skills. She's 26 and been out only 2 transfers less than me and I think she might know more than I do... well it should be interesting and I am stoked to have the opportunity to grow. I miss Sister lauritzen already, but I guess we need to grow and get out of our comfort zones sometimes.
So anyways, Dad how did your birthday turn out? I was praying for you hard. Mum I will get back to you on when, but time wise about 30- 45 min. we'll have to talk either calling card or skype. We'll find out. I can't wait either... it really is the best Christmas present ever. Also about Debbie, she's doing good... just getting mixed up and consumed in other things besides the gospel so it's been a real treat getting her to do things.. but she is wonderful and says she'll never leave the church. I pray it's truth. When I left though she had a real hard time. She says she accepts people and doesn't judge them, but then she said if she doesn't like the next sister like she did me she'll just have them stop coming over, it's the duo she likes so it won't be that she doesn't love sista l, just can't be with someone else she doesn't like. I hope she loses that mind set, otherwise she will be forfeighting blessings she doesn't even understand. I was thinking alot about this and how we all do it, if we don't like someone we just cut them off from our mind. forget that that person is a Child of god with some purpose, similar to our own and with loads of good to fill the world, including yourself, with. We forfeight an option of growth that the lord has placed in our path. So basically that's one battle we let the devil win..WHO ARE WE?! golly be. I know that as we just humble ourselves and pray for those who offend us in anyway even if it is just their face... sadly enough... we can grow to love them. This last week Sister l and I had called in one night and hhad to give some meter readings and gas readings and mileage to our district leader. We she wrote them all down and just handed itto me but we had just found where a one of them was and it was an off night and I am just dumb sometimes and read something wrong and it had just been a long day of feeling stupid, so family we know how that goes for me.. I just become stupid. So I read them to Elder Walton after some cheeky comment from him or her, can't remember doesn't matter and get a few things mixed up and really wrong and things I should know that I am ashamed to say I totally didn't. (not going to say because then you will really know how daft i am sometimes) needless to say this was hysterical to my comp and my district leader they literally laughed at me he made another cheeky comment and she well just continues to laugh and point and neither of them did it miliciously, but just because it sincerely was funny to them. Well I started to well up with tears because it was humiliating!! haha I don't get too embarrassed anymore, but that whole situation was a little rude. I didn't want to cry in front of her and planning was over so I stood up and walked off into my little room thing with my stuff in it shut the door and just cried!! Sooooo silly. The depressive thoughts started coming like your an idiot and you'll neever get married cause you are tooo daft for anyone to want.. really pathetic thoughts honestly. I took some deep breathes and offered a pray to my father in heaven and asked for Him to cast satan away from my mind. I asked Him to let Sister Lauritzen (who was reeling from her mistake in the other room) forgive herslef. I didn't blame her, yes she was silly for being that obnauxious about it.. but like i haven't done that before!! Nope this was Satan getting into me and as I asked the Lord to succor me, but mainly to succor her.. the thoughts died down, there were a few but they were a load of rubish and I could actually admitt to that. I came out nd she apologized and we had a  nice chat about why I am insane... ;) haha but really I found something out about myself that night, that I could actually forgive naturally. It wasn't a conscious decision to pray  for her.. it happened naturally and recognized that as we grow to truly love someone and have their best interest at heart that we care less about ourselves and what they have done to us and more about how they feel knowing they've hurt you. As we pray for others God blesses us with a love for them. I thought to myself that's why Jesus Christ and ALL of His prophets and apostles through the ages pray frequently and out loud half the time for those who live in sin and they get the brunt of it or those who wrong them. They too seek first for the kingdom of God to send it's angels round about them to help bear them up and understand why these things happen.. they do happen and usually it's not about how they feel about you, it's about how they feel about themselves. I have grown to truly know my Saviour and at that moment I felt His love in a different way than I have ever experienced. (ps I told that story not to boast, but to illistrate the point and share my lesson learnt)
So family how are you? Heather... can I get some mary kay renewal stuff of what I brought out? the pink eyeshadow stuff and eye primer and white stuff especially... sorry I just realized this morning \i am out... and face wash (not out but close!) Anyways.. also contacts? I will make the ones I have last for as long as I can but isn't there sometihng before January to get them cheaper? I hope I helped it ring a bell for mum and liz becasue I have no clue what I am talking about just that I remember to mention something about it. 
So Chrissy is brilliant and downloaded soooo much off of lds.org and mormon.rg. Mormon messages gallore.. so guess who filled her ipod up 99% becasue of all the music we gave her and talks and messages Chrissy has downloaded.... me!! Never thought I'd do that on a mission, but it happened and I feel blessed. The i am a Child of God one of the Mormon Messages has Debra and harry Bonner on it. Super fun.
Well I can't wait to tell on Monday more about this area. I will miss my last area soooo much!!! I lvoe them all, but this is good. it's a branch i serve in. We live in peterboroough even though we serve for the stamford branch. We live about a 30 min drvie out of our area... cool. my home address if you ever need it is 24 Copsewood, Werrington, peterborough PE2 9LP
LOVE YOU MUCHO!!!
 
SISTA fILI 

No comments:

Post a Comment