Monday, February 6, 2012


Hello family, it's been a good week and I feel so blessed to have such an incredible family that prays for me.. I truly can feel your prayers.
matt- I remember kinda feeling like you are right now before I got my call .. I got set back too. It isn't the same as you, but I can sympathize with you. something my mission president's wife said to us this wee struck me and I think you could use it at this time.
 "What is cheaply obtained is lightly esteemed. Heaven knows how to place a price on its goods." Thomas Payne In other words, we place a lot more value on things that we work the hardest for. That is why your work as missionaries becomes increasingly precious to you. That is also why making and keeping commitments helps your investigators place greater value on the principles of the Gospel. This is also why its important for the members to involve themselves in the work. As they labor alongside of you, they will begin to see the joy and happiness that sharing the gospel brings into their lives. It is you job to lead your investigators and the members you serve with to this point...but with gentleness and love unfeigned.
right now it's hard to see the silverling on this specific situation, but the mission will become more sweet to you as you overcome the challenges to get there. it is hard to be with companions 24/7... hardest part of the mission is that I think. it's all about controlling and refining yourself, but you become so much better for it.. I feel it thus far.
So becka Ellingson is gonig to guatemala.. so cool. i read some of your letter mum, and pa I am gonig to read it soon... like right after this. but I printed off the music and listened to it.. brilliant. i was asked to sing something in the branch here soon, i might try to squeeze that in somehow :) we'll see. I need to figure out how to get that song on disc, maybe next week wjhen I am in my regular place and can better work stuff. I am on exchange today and tomorrow with sister baker. I was in the MTC with her, so it's gongi to be fun. I can't wait. but the computer situation is a little different this week. so basically today I may have a short email. Sorry.
This week the work has been good. i lvoe how the spirit works. We were in a teaching appt. with the elders on Wednesday and us 4 hadn't coordinated as well as we should have for it and it was on obedience and the WoW.... so Duncan and Adrienn are the two we were teaching and they got kinda defensive because they are soooo good in soooo many ways, the WOW is their vice, it's their one thing.... but if we love God we will keep His commandments. As we shared johmn 14:15.. that simple verse. 'if ye love me keep my commandments.' it brought the spirit in and we were able to help them become humble and say, ok we'll try. my o my we couldn't do it because we are weak and not good teachers, but the spirit can becsue he is the teacher and it's his job and he testifies of truth unmistakably.. that's it. The Holy Ghost is real and I love the personage of spirit with all my heart. I couldn't do this work without him in my life right now. I pray I never loose Him in my life ever. it's a harsh feeling.
i am so happy for all the joy that is happening and I pray that we all continue to see and feel the joy of life.. of God. i lvoe you!!
love Sista fili

No comments:

Post a Comment