Wednesday, February 29, 2012


So family... so much to tell but guess what. I had my first child!!!! Sister Giles from Aylesbury, England (in the London Mission boundaries) It's gonna be great. I am excited and overwhelmed and hoping that i can actually fullfill this huge responsibility. I don't think I am fully ready, but in what situation are you ever... ya know? So it's going to be a great 12 week adventure.. welll maybe 11 week, I think we have a 5 week transfer this time. maybe next... who knows. Anyways, what a week it has been. Sister Brooks and I were able to do alot of work and that was great. I am finding a new love again for this work. Everyday it gets more and more embedded in me and it excites me to the bone. This is such an intense thing we are doing and really if you think about the whole purpose of life it's a pretty intense thing we are doing!! holy cow!! we are lucky God is merciful and loves us super much. we could be out with the dogs!!!
So, on Sunday we went to this DA with the Walker family in our Branch and for the spiritual thought they pick an object and we pick a scripture to go along with it... so uh my mind went blank.. not that i am a real scriptorian anyways, but then the little i do know left me. They gave me a furry white head band thing to keep your head warm. So ya know some people would find this easy.. I made it difficult of course.. but brought it back with humour.. like you could really imagine me doing something spontaneous without a bit of awkwardness thrown in there.. I mean come on!!! So i chose 2 Nephi 1:15 which reads "the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell. I have beheld His glory and am encircled about eternally in the arms of His love." So I said "well the cold is hell for me so this band hath redeemed me from hell and I have beheld it's glory and rejoiced in it and am encircled about comfortably in the Love God gives me by helping the man create this lush piece of clothing!" awkward- I say yes. but enjoyable- totally. We had a good laugh.
Zone conference was on Tuesday and it was incrdible. The Action points we have are all questions about what more can we do and ! thought about how in any walk of life.. what more can we do? that's the whole point. I am grateful for the ability we have to be agents unto ourselves and seek the inspiration of God for myself and at this current moment for those whome I am called to serve.
Well So much to say and sooooooo little time, all I know is that we really do effect those around us and I pray that I effect others in the right way. I just have this goal to learn more from others humbly than I expect them to learn from me and maybe in the end they will then learn something from me... a Nick Johnson approach.
So Justin Halbert and his wifey are prego... psycho.
Heather you are the best!!! Ten Virgins is great!!!
Matt- keep your head up and use this time to become closer to God than you ever have. Many times our trials are to being us to a remembernce of our God 2 Nephi 10:20.
Liz- I am sure you are great!! i love you loads.
Dad- the group sounds like it's all gonig soooo well. I am so glad they tore it up and I know that they are truly wonderful representatives of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I am glad also that work pays for your gas... it's all so expensive. it's even worse here. ps how is refdir doing?
Mum- you are the greatest mum ever. I am so grateful for the love and care you give!!
 I lvoe you all and hope i have a better email next week. Miracles dooooooo happen!! Godbless!
sista Fili

No comments:

Post a Comment