Monday, May 16, 2011

HELLO!!!

My P-Days are now on Monday, so 'tis the day to expect emails and goodies!! haha!!
I went running .. well jogging this morning with my companion.. yes, I know. It was good. I made a decision yesterday during Relief Society when they were talking about talents, that I need to stop hindering myself from sports and start trying to love them Maybe i will get decent enough and not cry want to cry when a ball comes flying near my face... yup i'd be a better person for it ;) Really though, I thought about the fact that we ask less active members, recent converts and investigators to give up their defences, try something new and forget the past. We push them to move forward and to try and stop letting others offend them or keep them from progressing. I have let myself be stuck in a rut with the fact that all I can do is what I like and am comfortable doing. I need to change this. No more of this behavior for me I would be a hypocrite if I didn't try and do the same things as I am counseling others to do although theirs is of spiritual nature and mine is mental and physical. So I am going to find a love for things that are good for me and my body. I feel really good today already and I know that the Lord will bless the desires of my heart. We drive around ALL DAY LONG and ya remember how I didn't want to do that! Well, if I'm going to be driving then I will run to try and make up for the calories I was hoping to burn walking around.
The work is progressing. We talk to a lot of less active recent converts and it is crazy how without support from the ward they fall soooo easily. The Lord gives us Wards and Relief Society, Priesthood, Visiting Teachers, Home Teachers for this very reason. Members need fellowship and support. Many of these people are gaining faith. It is not what ours is (those of us that have been in the church for umpteen years and counting). It is tiny, simple and small. They need all the support and love they can get from us because the devil is working on them. Their friends and sometimes even thier families are against their new faith. They are struggling. I have learned that the members reaching out is EVERYTHING. Be that member- reach out and help them feel the spirit. Many of them see the missionaries every week, but we change every few weeks and then the getting to know you process starts over again, and then we get to know them and they are comfortable and we leave... it's inconsistent for them. The ward however can be more consistent.
Yesterday, Sunday, I got to speak in church (I dunno what it is about my first week in every ward here on this mission, but my forehead must say, "pick me!!! ") Oh well- it went, alright. I haven't been around sooo many children in a long time and couldn't keep my concentration very easily. I talked about basically what I talked about at the farewell. Love God, love others, love yourself and conquer Satan to sum it up. The members don't necessarily smile when you speak, but they compliment after, so that's nice.
Bryan, I found your twin in humor... Bro. Wilcox. We ate at their house last night and pretty sure he was joking when he said I was fat, but I just laughed and said well that's good that you listened to the counsel your wife gives about how to talk to woman the first time you meet them... hahaha he giggled and said that's right I sure do. haha not that you would call anyone fat Bryan ;) just saying he jokes around alot and just wants someone to throw it back at him. I tried, I'm still rubisch at it but It'll get there. We still have a weeks if not more left to get up my come backs.
This Gospel is the true and everlasting Gospel. We taught the Farnden's last ngiht and they are less active but still know it is right, just don't know if it is the only true church, pretty confident he told us about 50 times that it is and then would say it wasn't and then prove to us and himself that it was... weird conversation but whatever... apparently he was offended in church one time and never went back. He loves missionaries though, praises them in fact- especially when they are up front with him and don't beat around the bush. So by the time I learned this information he had talked our ear off about.. nothing really important... and we had to leave, so he asked me to give the closing prayer.. I put a few things in there that were upfront, figured it was a good time because he couldn't interupt me then, and he told me at the end- "you're like a sponge. You take it all in and don't miss a thing-you are sly too"... I looked at him and said "I try! see you next week!." I don't know if he got it all, but I hope he did. We talked about somethings though concerning prayer that as we spoke I could tell he was listening, but we can only be converted by our desire to really know. You can listen and not actually listen. That is why it is important for us to always be reading and gaining a knowledge on our own. The more we gain, the more we are able to desire for more (the more our bellies stretch out for more food). I know it is true and I ask you to seek for that knowledge.
On my computer under documents- maybe possibly downloads- is the talk the fourth missionary, Matt-read it... infact it wouldn't be bad for everyone to read-- because missionary work is done with or without a name plaque. Please print off the forever long talk and take time to read and ponder and try to do and take it all in. It will change your life. Your greatest creation is and will always be you. Make a plan and set a goal for what you want that creation to be in the end- who do you want to be, and what type of person you want people to be around when they are with you-think about that and be it. A goad I have is to be the Lord's trustworthy, faithful, devoted servant for the rest of my life. I know I can be as I make a goal and work towards it. I love my Savior and am ecstatic to do his work for eternity. I love you all and miss you like CRAZY but I am focused and ready to go and do. Love you!!
 Till next week, tata!!
  Your missionary
Sister Lauren Filichia

1 comment:

  1. Oh she sounds like she's doing so good! I really especially like what she had to say about making a goal to be the kind of person that we want to be around people, and especially for the Lord. Thanks, Lauren! You put into words exactly what I need to do right now! :)

    ReplyDelete