Monday, September 10, 2012

Hiraeth!


What a week of joy and love. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK. I am OBSESSED with it. And this week I felt it alot. We had alot to make up for since that last week was ... umm... ya about that. Hospitals are great! Anyways, I have really found a love for my companion this week. She is quite funny. She just desires so much to make people laugh and smile... and sometimes I don't know she is teasing.. ok most of the time if I am honest. Girlfriend can hold a straight face and some of it doesn't seem like a joke, because it's sometihng you do naturally or get frustrated with naturally or what not and her joking is doing it falsley .. but naturally.. I dunno if that makes sense. Not gonna lie that kinda defines the humour as well, but none the less it is great to serve with her and get to know all of her little idiosyncrasies. (I taught her that word this week.. it's funny to listen to her say it). I am having such a great time serving my Saviour though. I love people. I love that if you are going to a Dinner Appointment and you are not sure if you are at the right house or even if you are trying over at a less actives house or referrals (cause that happens all the time.. .not) and you egt the wrong house there is always  purpose to share with them and we never feel awkward.. well you know what i mean. I lvoe how unifying this gospel is. We all have something in common, it's the gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't always recognize that or think of that, but at the end of the day that's it. We had the opportunity last night to visit with a family who is goin through a massive divorce and both losing everything. It is heart breaking and as we listened and tried to refer all things to the gospel I recognized that we are so spoiled in the love of God. No matter what He is there for us and gives us the little we have. They aren't starving, but close to, yet there is still always something to eat. I decided that we could make a little service project out of it though and I hope it works and helps the ward get involved as they should do. When we got home our power was out. You pay here for your electricity in a didfferent way than you pay a bill... you top it up and put in money for a certain amount of time. So it's not about paying a company it's more of the landlord or do it yourself. Anyways... interesting... so we get in and it's off. Sister Javed hates the dark. I personally thought it was quite peaceful. So as we were calling in she was pleading with me to call the landlord and so after we were finished I did and everything was sorted in 5 min. As the lights came on I wanted to cry. I thought about how blessed we are... spoiled in fact. We were at these people's homes who have nothing in fact they rarely have the lights on to preserve the electricity. They have nothing, and we have endless supplies it seems. We make one call and it is taken care of and they pray that with one call they can find someone with enough mercy to help them get it taken care of. They give praise for what they do have and get on with it. we winge when we don't have what we are used to for 5 seconds. We all do it. How much our saviour must love us to put up with us.
This week I was also given a call by Sister Rasmusen who issued an assignment to me for the Sisters Conference coming up on Wednesday. It is a talk/lesson (however I want to do it) for 10 min. on humility. Then she adds this, President Rasmussen believes you to be a very humble missionary. oh I was so chuffed that he would say that, a little overwhelmed and have a pure knowledge of my undeservingness... is that a word, hmm... but I said I would do it. Well this week the Lord has given me the opportunity to know that I have the potential to be humble, we all do, but no I am still working on this massive attribute and far from actually being able to be called 'humble'. I am so grateful though that they issued the assignment because although I feel silly talking or teaching about this with people of whome I served with or around who praobably know better, I know that the Lord is preparing me and helping me to become more humble so that I can have the strength and wisdom enough to do what He has planned for them. When we study something out, and it is on our minds often and we pray to obtain, not only is the experience given, but it can also be achieved in some form of the way, not perfectly, but a step in the right direction. God answers prayers and even prays not spoken. The thing is that we must never forget is that He knows everything. He can see the bigger picture. He knows the attributes we ned to accomplish any task put in our way at that time and I know that for this last bit of the mission I need humility, otherwise well... I won't be very effective. The Lord needs humble servants and when we think we know what's going on and what we are doing.. well He will soon teach us we are quite wrong. I don't think I have ever stopped learning though since I got here. Man my companions are outstanding and I wish I could be like all of them. I have been sooooo blessed.
Bryan. so I have been spelling his name wrong all along. woops. B- ryan. thanks Bro. Stowell for that :) haha. Anyways, he is doing amazing. Amongst all the trials he has had to face since coming to the knowledge of God, he never fails to have charity or faith. He said that the other day some silly chav (uh.. I'll explain when I get home.. think punk) kicked his kane from underneath him and although inside he was furious he just looked at him and said, 'well thank you lad, I think I will walk home without it now.' The woman next to him said.. 'how did you do that?' and his reply was.. 'well why get mad when he's done me a favour really.' I am outstanded by his faith, hope and charity he is devleoping. He said 'before Jesus came into my life I would have fallen out with the lad, but now I don't see the necessity. Christ wouldn't do it.' He is teaching me by his example and I just feel privileged everyday for how the Lord blesses us. 29 of September will be the best day ever for him, and I can't wait to see the joy that the cleansing power of baptism by water and by fire bring to this man and to many others on the day.
Steven.. sooo funny. well it wasn't, but it is. So last week on Saturday we get a call off him saying I dont want to be a part of your religion anymore I am fed up of sis. lewis not responding to my requests so therefore I am fed up with her religion as well. ok a little harsh. So we go and give him what he had asked sis. lewis for ages ago and a note saying to not let this little thing come between you and eternal happiness, as you do. .. well that wasn't good enough so he left me a note explaining why this whole situation hurt him so bad and how he thought that I was a major part in it so he wanted to hold off on lessons till I leave.. ouch. daggers to my soul. We had a member with us, of whom heard the letter as well and she felt so bad for us. I kept my cool and really I did recognize that Steven has a few mental difficulties given from his past that add to the why of this letter and entire situation actually. I know that Go provdies though for His children and we prayed that his heart would be softened and that he would recognize that it was not me and she was not trying to be rude, she's just busy in a another area. well yesterday we recieved a call and he apologized and told us of his deep gratitude for all we have done and hopes that he hasn't ruined it with us. man the Lord provides and quick!! I love it. I love these people... even with the drama they acquire, I get it, their bored and hurt from the past. It's rough.
So then we have Lynette- oh my goodness, super cool. So before we went in we were.. not so sure if this would be the last time or not, simply becaue we would go by and she would just chat about her enless problems and we would become more like counselors.. with the scriptures than anything. So we asked God to help us know what to do. Allow her to say how she actually feels about all of this and show us without us asking (if we ask she gives the answer we want to hear). Well we go in and within 5 minutes she brings up that she has been desiring baptism alot lately and been reading (lynette DOESN'T read.. ever.. miracle) So we open up the scriptures and she goes oh let me go get mibe, they were in her room and she was anxious to participate in what we had to say. This was massive steps for her. So as the lesson went on we were able to committ her to nov. 3 for a baptism. It's far away, but to her that is sooo close. God loves His children. You can't say it enough because it's still unfathomable.
I love the lessons I am learning, the people I am meeting, the souls I am helping to save and the person I am able to become while here. Nothing could be better.
The family seems great. I am glad ya'll were able to attend Caleb's homecoming and see so many families there. He sure does have alot of people that love him :) Sam and Laura.. that was like a thing on the '09 AOL tour.. and now yet again. look at that. super cool. Hope it all works out for them. She needs a good Sam :) I bet they are all super adorable. I can't wait to see them.
I am so glad Matt found a job!! And one he can get buff at. lucky kid. Hopefully he'll be able to hook me up in a little while. it's gonna need to happen. Hey dad, keep thinking and praying about what to do with youth and performing, but please let me know. I want to help. I like that sound of what you are saying and want to be apart of it. Like that is some surprise or something.. haha.
i hope all is well and continues well. Everything will work out alright!!
 
I lvoe you all, you are in my prayers and I thank you for your prayers!
Hiraeth! ( welsh word that means like a longing for a love.. or home in this case.. not a trunky longing for though people!)
      Sista Fili

No comments:

Post a Comment