Monday, September 24, 2012

Ether 6:17


Well it's only been a few days since I have last written you all and not much has changed, but yet I have learnt so much. The updates were fantastic mum... I can not believe it.. Jenny and Scott, Leslie!!! I am happy I will get to be apart of them. Thanks also for all the info about getting home.. that was weird to hear. I don't think it had hit me till then, but there we are I'll let it bounce off for now. A day earlier.. well night earlier then I had anticipated. Which means I will be flying and waiting all day by me self.. great. :( haha oh well as they say in Britain... ALL THE TIME... these things are sent to try us. :)
I am not going to lie I am at a loss of words right now. Surprising.. I am aware. My mind has been reflecting alot on what is coming and how you are all doing with it. I have never actually been home for 7 Oct. since Tim left us for home, but this year I guess it's kinda dear to me because it's the exact day and everything is the exact timing and all.. so nuts it's been that long. Luckily nothing is the same here as it is there, but my heart is the same. I know the plan of salvation better than I ever have. I have learnt how to cope with this loss and last year I had my dearest friend Sis Lauritzen with me to help me thru even though the Lord blessed us with such a busy time I couldn't even think about it. It is the same now.. but maybe a we bit different and i don't know what it is. Maybe the events this year that have happened while I have been away that make me feel quite ...I don't know is tender the word? I hope so because I am using it. I just want you all to know that I love you. I love my family so much. The other day Sis. Javed was asking me about how it felt to be sealed to my family and because in Pakistan they don't have a temple and not many even know or understand all that happens I had to explain to her about being born into the covenant because my parents were sealed for their original marriage ceremony. I thought about how lucky we are that we have parents that not only have been sealed, but remain worthy of that covenant. We have a temple near.. well multiple temples near, that we can have that ordinance performed for us and then I thought about Tim... as we live worthy of the covenant our parents made and as we were born and baptized that we could make it as well we can be with him, not just see him again, but literally be with him in God's kingdom prepared specifically for us. thank you mum and dad for living worthy of these promised blessings. I know it probably seems premature to speak about, but it's been on my mind and mum as you brought it up and I sat for about 5 minutes not knowing what to say in return I knew I had to speak about my gratitude for these things. I pray we all go to the temple within the next 2 weeks and remember what we promised God and our families and help Tim in the missionary work he is doing and involved in. These people depend on us. We depend on them. It's soooo close to us, make it a priority to go. Surely it is a massive part of our purpose in this life. D&C 128:18. I have a sincere love for the temple and would love nothing more than to be there with you all soon.. and the best part is, I will be.
I was reading in Ether 6 just the other day and it was speaking about Jared and his brother and their people and their journey to the promised land. In v. 3 it states "and thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness." The Lord gave us the Light of Christ that we might not cross the waters or trials of life in darkness. So as they cross they have this light that never fades or goes away; however, "the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind." This was not a lite little nudge in the right direction, He pushed them along. The water would come into the boat and wouldn't sink it because it was tight and they had prepared it well, but when "they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and He did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters." "and it came to pass the the wind did never cease towards the promised land while they were upon the waters; and thus they were driven forth before the wind." "and they did sing praises unto the Lord; yes, the brother of Jared did sing praises unto the Lord, and he did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord." (v.5,7,8,9) This was not a short journey it was the more part of a year .. and then some. 344 days to be exact. I thought about how this reflects in our lives. Every trial we are given may so possibly, infact it is, a push in the right direction towards the promised land. A lady said to me yesterday after I shared this in a talk I had to give, she said, "when I read it I thought why couldn't it be a nice little wind giving them some push but sailing easy" don't we all think that about our own lives? How many times in the Book of Mormon does He occassionally let people sail easy enough that after a little trial what happens, they get greedy and don't understand where the blessings come because they no longer feel they need to depend on their Saviour. The harsh winds led them a bit faster and I don't think that these people could forget who they depend on because they depended so much. It doesn't tell us of all the things they had to encounter, only the winds and waves, but how much else could come from a result of those two things.. alot probably. Yet they prayed and God didn't calm the storm but he brought them back on top of the waters that they could handle it. These winds never ceased.. and yet they praised the Lord each day, all day and even into the night. They arrived safely and with great gratitude to the promised land. If we but look at the trials we have been given are given and will be given as the wind and waves pushing us towards eternal life and remember always to pray without ceasing and above all praise without cesing we can live and know that no matter how hard it will get the Lord will help us to overcome and arrive safely home. I love the scriptures and all they do for us. They really do teach us everything we need to know. Yes there may be more we want to know, but that's what eternity is for.
Saturday evening I was sent a text from our bishop saying, hey tomorrow will you give a talk in the beaufort group.. alright I thought and just carried on with the work. So in the morning I just thought of the theme, looked a bit through PMG and the Christ like attributes section of it and thought well ya, I'll just briefly do this and that and it will be proficient enough for a few minutes before the main speaker. Obviously wanting to give a good talk, but having so little time I thought let the holy spirit guide :) haha Well we go there and bishop announces the speaker... the one and only speaker.. me. I had about a half hour to kill.... nice prep eh? haha but for the first time I was completely calm to give a talk. I used the section I had planned and been inspired to use to go along with "but seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." (3 Nephi 13:33) and then as I spoke this chapter I just shared with you came to my mind and I was able to use it as well. I thought as I went home from that experience and being so chuffed that I was able to do that when we all know my ability prior to the mission was lacking in public speaking. (thank goodness for LIGHT devo's otheriwse I would never have been even almost mediocore to say the least). I am sure it wasn't that great, but I thought again and thought about how blessed I am to be a missionary, I am blessed to be a member. To know what I know, to be worthy of the spirit, and to be able to reach the opportunites that the Lord gives me to grow. Steven this week asked some tough questions, Natalie (a Recent convert in the ward) asked me some tough questions and without hestitation I was able to answer them with knowledge that I had gained.. at some point... but  to me it felt like it was all just right in the moment and not even me speaking. It was a testimony builder to me of being endowed with power from on high to help uplift, inspire and teach people the ever lasting gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't ever want it to leave, I don't know what gifts I have now that are just missionary gifts and what gifts the Lord will allow me to have to accomplish this plan he has for me on this earth. I wish I knew, but for now I will just give gratitude to Him for helping me in each situation I am put in.
Steve a new investigator of 2 weeks has a baptismal date. The first time we taught him it went completely over his head, bless. So we repented and made restitution and forsook and made it right.. he understood it in result and felt the spirit as we invited him to baptism and was so chuffed to say yes! He is amazing and we are excited. 10 November is the day.. So I will be excited to hear how it all goes! and a little alot sad to not be here for it, but there we are.
Bryan passed his baptismal interview and is extatic about this Saturday the 29 September 2012 to become a member of the true church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What a choice and blessed man. I am so excited to be able to know him.. even if he can't remember the difference between me and Sis. Javed sometimes. His memory is rubish with unimportant things, but when it comes to his conversion it is spot on. It was really funny though when he said that Sis. Javed was the pretty one in the companionship and then called her my name and then said you need to where name tags across your foreheads... because we don't already have them on our chest.. maybe that's a positive though.. alright he lost like 10-12 points in friendship, but then gained them all back with his testimony. It's all about the important things people!
Alright I love you all. Heather I hope you get better, Liz thank you for your words of wisdom to Mum. Matt I am so glad you are doing so well! and apparently looking good too ;) Dad I hope your travels are safe and enjoyable. I hope you and Mum enjoy conference- you deserve it!! The birthday party thing when I get back sounds good mum and I hope I didn't leave anything out. Happy birthday Aunt Mel, Brielle, and Grandpa.. sorry I am so rubish at birthday's right now.. forgive me. Oh by the way, how is Cherise? I hope well.
Till next week, Rwyn dy garu di!! I LOVE YOU!!
 Sista Fili

No comments:

Post a Comment