Monday, October 8, 2012


What a weekend. It's kind of a crazy one for all of us. Filled with happiness and joy, true reflection and reminicing on the life of our dearest brother Timmyman. I don't know why this year was so much harder than last year for me, but that is ok because I was able to experience really comfort from the Holy Ghost. I felt sooo alone. and when I would try to open up it was .. well I dunno what happened but it didn't so I stopped that and just kept it to myself which is usually a dumb idea for me, but it's cool I just grew closer to the Saviour because there was literally NO ONE to talk to about it. I am so graetful to be a missionary though because there is always someone else to focus on and something else to do to occupy your mind. I was praying for my family though alot becuse I knew ya'll probably had it worse than me. I loved conference and my oh my Saturday first session.. what a prep to our weekend!! Oh my word!! The spirit was so strong and I felt that I was able to gain alot of revelation for my own life alot this weekend. it's all coming ang going so fast. Earlier in the week I was able to recieve a priesthood blessing and in it the Lord told me I have still much to accomplish here in Wales.. which you alwayus say as a missionary, but at that moment I knew it. General Conference confirmed it yet again and gave me the courage to once again try to put off the natural man and become more. I can't wait to get the conference edition so I can really study out all the talks. Theer was so much to take in. I could go off for forever about someof the talks but  I don't have the time and ya know what i learnt this weekend is that my words don't really matter. We heard prophets an apostles speak to us. Their words matter. In mosiah 2:27 .. I think... King Benjamin tells his people that he is sharing with them all of these things that he my stand spotless at the last day knowing he told them of all the revelation given to him for them from God. i thought about this and thought if his duty is to share it that he may be spotless then our duty is to listen and if we are actually listening we  will do and like many said it's not just about listening infact it's ALL about doing. We are so privileged to be apart of God's army and I hope we all realize it's not big enough. The age lowering of missionaries is AMAZING. in fact brilliant..and I pray that it is because not only are they worthy and ready, but more will come then then they will later. we are so blessed.
Today we had mission football. It was cold. It was super wet. And President said if anyone gets injured it's over for forever.. so I sat out. haha I know my tracking record and it's usually not because I fight for it.. it's just natural. It's so devastating to be such a numpty when it comes to these things, but I got to know some other people better and talked to my zone leader about being at BYU in january at the same time and then he reminded me I should sign up for classes.. who am I!! where am i going to live!? what am I gonig to do? ! ya that's how much coming home has actually set in people. it's kinda ridiculous. Welp next week we will hopefully get that more sorted... maybe this week depending upon how long we stay on here afetr I am done with this ever depressingly short none uplifting email. I just can't say anything past what alredy has been said and i am literally SOOOOOOOOOOO exhausted. haha who knew watching football could do that to you! haha I energetically chatted with people, don't worry it wasn't fake and ridiculously cheesy.. just ridiculously ..... me instead.. I don't even know how to describe myself. bah.
The work is going so well. This was a rather slow week actaully. kinda weird. We had an exchange with the sisters in Cardiff and it aws fun.. they made me feel so good about myself andI hope I was able to do the same for them. During our "sleep over" we were all sitting there chatting away and I look at the time and go oh my heck it's late.. oh my word where's the phone!! ya it was in the car. ya we had 31 missed calls... ya president and others kinda freaked out. no biggy. i would too. Super embarrassing. but that night when we were helping the sisters out at a grocery store (they don't have a car so they needed our help before p day was over) Sis. Boots and I went over to the cheese section and this lady starts helping us and talking about her family. Just as it says in pMG they will bring out the ways in which they neeed the gospel without even knowing it. it was an incredible experience to chat with her about the gospel and to see how excited she got to hear about it and then we bought some flippin' expensive cheese she suggested.. but there we are. She best get baptized  ;) haha. Sis. Javed and I were looking up a potential and found this woman named Mary and because her dog was out I talked to her and sister Javed stayed behind the gate and jsut chatted with those that passed by. Mary and I had a very good conversation, and for the first time in a while it seems like, someone really listened to what we had to say. well I had to say... sis. javed was MIA within sight and sound of course!! (white handbook.. followed!) The spirit touched my heart as i shared the plan of salvation with her. I love this gospel. It answers our questions and there is nothing better than that. God loves us, we are His children and as President Eyring said, "His time should be enough for us knowing He only wants what's best for us." I am a Mormon. I know it. I live it and I lvoe it... all the leders took the mick out of the cliche phrase and many of you may have as well,but you know I beleive it... we should declare it and be proud of it. it's probably the greatset thing since eve took the fruit. I hope we can all follow the council of Elder Holland and be more layal to our Saviour and root out all that keeps us from Him. I know I felt a new desire to do so and I can't wait to see wht happens when I accomplish it completely. I love you all. I hope that Mum and dad had an enjoyable time in Salt lake and I hope that all had a great weekend. Love you!
 
Sista Fili Mosiah 2:20-27

No comments:

Post a Comment