Monday, August 22, 2011

Alright my bright and beautiful family, 
   It's been an incredible week... well every week is incredible I guess when you are a missionary, if you look for it that is. I don't want to give off false pretenses to these future missionaries that it's all about everyone saying yes and excepting- most don't, or go half way and then reject (that's even harder to see) but it is the greatest work. It is just as Alma tells Helaman in Alma 36 about his conversion story- the pain we feel for others who reject is deep, but the joy we feel in regards to others and their accepting is just as sweet as was our pain. I love this work because I am being converted every step of the way. I love it because I see miracles everyday and I love it because I am helping other people come closer to their Father. I love that I have never felt so high on love yet so low all at the same time. Not too many LOVE  you but the one's that do- you take every ounce of it in. Nothing can be taken for granted on a mission, and with life- it all makes us more.
   Debbie has a baptismal date. September 17th family!!! I am soooooo excited, I hope it all works out for it to be on that date, but I know she knows it's true. She is first hand seeing the effects of coming closer to God. She is even noticing how important it is to others, sometihng not even we Mormon's recognize, we just expect. We should always continue to be amazed and in awe of the dedication of other Latter-Day Saints. Even the prophets and apostles talk about their amazement- and they're legit.... sooo ya... anyways what I am talking about is that there is this family from Spain in our ward. 1/2 the family speaks english well enough to get by and understand or at least get the gist of it the other half knows as much english as I know spanish. They come to all 3 meetings and have a smile on their face, if someone can translate they ask for it, and if not then they just feel of the spirit and gather what they can from it. The mother and father of the entire family sat in front of me and Debbie and Sunday and I was so impressed and touched. This man sat and translated to his dear wife so close and friendly the entire time. I told them after I am so grateful to know them and to be able to witness such love, care and dedication for each other and the gospel. He looked at me and said, I can't afford NOT to come to church, she understood enough to know what was being discussed and said (well he translated it to this) it is what brings me joy regardless of how I have to learn and understand it. They get it and Debbie heard it and it touched her. Our dedication to God and the gospel is not only for us, but for all who choose to see and partake of the miracles of another's conversion.
   I am in love with this gospel... I really am, it sounds... interesting... but I am. I am sooo grateful for our family. Sometimes I have different things like dad laughing so hard he's jiggling or Matt making me kiss his biceps... or numerous amounts of funny and other stuff pop into my mind of the family. It's not a bad pop into my mind, I am where I need to be and doing what I need to be doing... you ain't gonnna see me for a while, don't you worry, but it's kind of a tender mercy for me. Nothing makes me happier than to see my family smiling. I know it's because of the love we have in the home that I am soooo excited about my future home- that's why I'm obsessed mum, it's your (the entire family) fault for being so amazing and loving me so much that I can't wait to have what I have that in my own family. I love you and hope that you will keep in touch. Mum, Dad can I get both Hunter's addresses, Ward and Amber's, Grandma's and Mel's address, Spence and Barb's, and if you have Clint's (dad's bro's) that's cool too!! and Heather and Steve's!!! address prease... Liz I think I know yours... but hers too just to double check. umm... ya for now I think that's all.. oh if we can get Camille and Ryan's, Cherise and Aaron's, Damon and Leslie's... that would be cool.... but if not I understand. Is Celeste still at Clint and Mikki's? alright family that I love, I will be talking to you soon. You always put the smile on my face. I'll be sending a letter again today in reply to your emails :D loves!
Rwyn dy garu di - welsh for I love you
Sista Fili

No comments:

Post a Comment