Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Helloooo
Well this week has been great. Sorry it's taken till now to email, (bank holiday and then yesterday the computers at the library weren't working properly) so it's a Wednesday letter, but it's all good!!
ha this week I got bit by a chihuahua... the tiniest dog with the most evil eyes.. I was frightened. I knew he wanted a piece of me and just wasn't sure about committing to that, but I guess I did against my will. His owner kept saying just stand still and he'll lay off, the first time I could and he did lay off the second time I was in the midst of moving and then he came up with another one and I was so frazalled I forgot, so I got bit. I guess that's like us with Satan, the Lord tells us to 'be still and know that I am God',. then we can conquer Satan because he will have no power over us, but by fear of him we frazel and show our weakness so that he has the power now to bite us... how silly are we that we don't just listen to the owner and stand still and save ourselves that hurt of being bitten by something that is in reality much smaller than us. After that experience, I am looking at the world a little bit differently. It is so simple, just read the owner's manual.
   Well mum, I would like you to know your daughter is cooking, and well might I add. I am putting stuff together randomly and coming out with yummy things for my cute future family to eat!! haha It is fun. You find that members give you lots of random stuff, then you buy some random stuff put it together and walla!! a dish of food. haha ok so it's not all that random, but still I am taking one step farther into maturity land.
   The work is going well, Debbie is incredible. She and Kevin are doing well and she gets what the church and the gospel are all about. She goes to church and feels at home there, more at home there than in her own home.. wonder why? We as LDS members who have been brought up in the church don't recognize the feeling of the spirit at church as strongly as those who have NEVER had it in their lives. She feels it so strongly and it has made me want to recommitt myself to looking for the feeling at church and anywhere that the ward parties are.. she feels it there as well, in fact anywhere ward members are she seeks to feel it and finds it. She loves it and I only pray that this continues. The devil is working hard to fight for the souls of those we teach and any who have not been able to hear the message of our dear Saviour, it's up to us to fight back, and how willing are we to fight? How hard will we fight so that we do not loose this real true battle we are fighting with Satan. I was reading Mosiah 25 this morning and it struck me with all the emotions that these people felt for their brethren all at the same time. They felt joy for those who had been delivered, but sorrow for those who were slain, thankful for the gifts God gives to His children as he provides a way for their deliverance and anguish for those who know not of God yet.. these too can be our emotions of the people all around us. You don't have to go far too find it. I am certain that our Saviour's main plead to all of us who know Him and know don't yet know Him is to Come to Him, when we do we will leave all wordly things behind and will truly embark in the service of our God.
   How is everyone donig? the babies happy? man I love them.. haha man alive I just miss this glorious family of mine!! haha but I don't at all at the same time... I feel blessed to know that the Lord is taking good care of you!
   I am so grateful for all things in my life, for answers to prayers and for the comfort of the Lord that He knows me personally. He knows my heart, thoughts and desires. This morning I was struggling deciding if my way of focusing was right, but then I realized in some ways it is the exact same for us all. But if we go to God and discuss it out, He will tell in what way you need to focus because He does know me. Man, I am grateful for that. I know that He lives and I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and can answer the questions of the soul if we have faith to see the miracle of it.. miracles come by the amount of faith we exercise to see them. I am seeing the simple miracles of life all the time and oh how grateful I am for that. No other Gospel can show you that so well.
Welp, it's been a year since a lot of things and my my how the time flies... I realized this morning if time flies even faster than this for the rest of the mission I will be home before you know it.. which is happy and sad in all sorts of ways. I love it here though and don't want to leave for a very long time.. Which is good, cause I'm not... hahaa but my love for the family just keeps getting bigger, which is ridiculous cause I sure was obsessed with you all BEFORE I ever came out here.. man can you imagine how much God loves us then? Does my head in thinking about it. Well family I love you and I am grateful for you!! Hope this all made sense.. my mind is racing and I am running out of time. Loves!! Till monday :D
oh ps.. President's interviews tomorrow!! super excited.. and next week Elder Bednar and many other General Authorites are coming to visit us. If you have good ideas for a brilliant question for him that you or I should or want to know let me know on Monday and I will ask it on Saturday and tell you the next Monday!! booyah!!
I love you love you love you!!
Sister Filichia

No comments:

Post a Comment